Tandy Hard

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Getting used to my new place

I have a very visual memory, where I need to see things in order to remember them. This makes navigating a new town very difficult because I have so few points of reference. The stuff I'm excited about is very silly to most people who live in civilization, but apparently I haven't been there for a year.
Stores that make my life happy in Washington: Loaves and Fishes (a health food store that has bulk foods, including TVP) Toadly Frogs (a frog collectors store- this town was made for me!) The Fudge Shoppe (need I say more) The Goodwill ( nice, $4 jeans) Used Furniture Store I can't remember the name of (high quality, gently used furniture, I'm getting another desk there later). There are lots of other cool shops that I haven't visited yet-but I've been told organic, fair trade coffee is in abundance.
I also really liking my apartment. My room is square, my previous room in Troy was this long rectangle, that really didn't fit right. Because of the size of my new room, furniture fits better and it is definitely more cozy. My desk in the room is an old teacher's desk from the city of St. Louis. It still has the metal I.D. tag on the side. It's nice and big for projects and has a nice deep red finish which I like. It's got all "my stuff" on it: my porcelain dolls, favorite debate trophies, diplomas, gifts from friends and stationary and cards. It really feels comfortable and more relaxing than the previous room.

Kitty update: I'm told by the landlord that he'd rather not let me have a cat. But, the people directly below me have a dog, and I know their are dogs in the other apartment buildings. The original plan was to get two kittens if he said yes. So, I figure I'll get one adult cat and name it after the landlord. If he finds out, surely he can't boot a kitty with his own name?!

1 Comments:

Blogger Marie Ann said...

Does your lease say no pets? If it doesn't, he can't evict you for that ;P

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home