Tandy Hard

Monday, July 21, 2008

Moved

I'm typing a little lamely, I gave blood today to get some good karma going. I forgot how much it wears me out. I'm moved, and the parents, sister and brother in law were a great help. Was able to load everything up in an hour and a half and unload about the same time. We were done by two, but we had to move furniture up the stairs, which drained everyone. My apartment is about the same price as my old one but I get a couple extra things: A garage with automatic opener, coat closet, pantry, storage area in the basement, laundry room in the basement, and a voice buzzer to see who's outside. The downside is that I will not have computer access until the 5th, so I've joined the library.
We also went to Merrimac caverns on Sunday. It was very cool, but a bit commercialized. All the stalagmites and stalactites were the same color, they are all made of calcium carbonate and the way the water flowed made it look like dripping snot. For the price $17, I don't think we'll be taking a field trip there for my Earth and Space Science class. I'm sure there are other caves that are less expensive and more authentic.
One of my old classmates is in the last throws of getting his masters degree in Geology, so I'm planning to have him talk to the class through web conference. Yea for technology, and here's hopping that I can figure out how to work it be fore the conference.

2 Comments:

Blogger Marie Ann said...

This is so neat! I grew up going to Meramac (spelled correctly) caverns. And it is indeed become very commercialized. My dad restores caves all around the area and he has a lot of knowledge of regional geography spots. I'll def have to aks him to send you an email when you're ready ;P

5:37 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

Merimac is commercialized but it is also kind of a flash-back to the past. We went there a few years ago and it was kinda fun. The coolest Missouri cave we've visited is Onandaga State Park -- I recommend it. Glad you're moved!

8:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home