Tandy Hard

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Whew!

So, iIreally like my job. I cracked down the first two days and I think it si going to pay off. the only problem I"m going to have is academic lab. they are freshmen with nothing to do, do the end result is them entertaining themselves. My co-workers are great, and we eat lunch in the chemistry room together. I'm not quite used to getting up at 5:50 in the morning, but I'll manage. I'm also staying till 5 or six in the evening. I'm not sure how other teachers manage to go home so early. They probably have a clue as to what they are doing, and I'm still trying to figure everything out. The worst part of the job is taking attendance. There is this crazy computer program that nobody know how to work right. I'm supposed to b e able to use it proficeintly, but I still have difficulty even logging on.
the kids in my classes are great. I think that I will especially enjoy my "Human Body I" they are all motivated learners, and I think that they will be very engaged in the subject matter. We is a research day, and everyone was on task, and I think that they found the research interesting. tomorrow we will go over questions. i think they learned a lot more by doing there own research than if I lectured them on it. I think I will really enjoy that class.
I'm already getting to know my student personally, and that it very satisfying.
This next week will be a real challenge, last week I only taught for three and half days. (I was gone for special education training the morning of Friday.) So, next I get to deal with a full week of responsibility.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home