Tandy Hard

Friday, May 02, 2008

Job Offer!

*HS has offered me a job!
This is a small school of about 500 students. I would be one of three total science teachers.

The good:
Class sizes of 20-28 students
the school has had no fights this year, period.
I'd be the only physical science teacher so I could make any call I want about the curriculum
I'd know all of my students better
they have a lot of technology options for a small school

The bad:
Tiny town, I could see myself get depressed if I lived there, I would maybe have to live in the town North of it.
Everybody knows everybody else's business
They didn't quote me a salary, so I'll have to do some research. The state website says they are 3 grand below the state average
Not sure about the Administrators... they are home town born and bred: could be good, could be bad.

I'm waiting for another district to get back to me. This other district is bigger, and would have a better salary. The town would be livable in, and would be more similar to what I'm used to at **HS.

So now it is a waiting game, for the other district to make up their mind. I have to let *HS know by Tuesday. If I say no to *HS and wait for an offer that never comes from the other district, I'm up the creek without a paddle!

Anyway, I won't be Subbing next year!!! WAHOO!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home