Tandy Hard

Sunday, June 07, 2009

Tiger Territory

So this week I'm a Mizzou Tiger. Grrrr....
I'm taking a week long residency class at University of Missouri Columbia called "Science Teachers and Nuclear Engineering". I'm pretty excited about it, we will be touring the only nuclear power plant in MO and going to the teaching reactor, I'm not sure if it is here or in Rolla. I'm looking forward to taking college class and being surrounded by slightly younger than me eye candy.

Mizzou's campus is huge... I totally have been a lost and scared little freshman. I wonder what my life would have been like if I had gone here. I probably wouldn't have hooked up with the debate team here, or at the other colleges like it, K-State or KU. Would I have found my place/ scence of self earlier or later? Would I have found the love of my life here? Would going through the Masters degree program here been as painful as going through the one at Truman, who knows?

I hated leaving my pets...I had to leave them already for a few days, and they had just gotten used to my smell and now I'm leaving again for a week, home the weekend and then in KC for a week. I travel around.

I also have a rockin' I-pod nano. It is orange and I have named it Klaus. It is good, now everyone give me free indie songs. Being a teacher doesn't pay a whole lot, but I earn enough money to pay off my student loans, and I've been able to afford a chinchilla cage, a laptop, and a nano. Not big purchases, but they certainly make the day more fun!

It seems that every one in my nuclear family besides me (5 people total). Have something major and life changing going on in their lives. Lots of prayers are needed for them. I'm hoping that my crisis's are done for a few years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home