Tandy Hard

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Getting close

Wellup, we are close tot he end of school. Finals start this next Friday. Then we are offically done. Really we are done before the students are. All we have to is get them ready for finals. Then while they take the tests, it is cleaning up the rooom, etc.

I found out today that I'm not teaching Physical Science or Earth and Space Science. This is a little frustrating because I've worked really hard on those classes. I've developed a pretty good curriculum with power points, tests entered on clicker software, labs. Additionally, I signed up for three summer workshops spanning a week each on topics related to what I taught this year. I'll still go to the workshops because they offer college credit, but they certainly are not as relevant as they could have been.

Instead I'm teaching Biology and Applied Biology. I even have a class within a class. I have a special education teacher in the room and half of the kids are really low Sped. This will be really hard. Plus, I'll have all the ruffians that I had this year. At least I will know them and have a relationship with them now.

So next year will be a little more work than planned, I was hoping it would get easier.

I went to Arizona to see my brother graduate. It was so beautiful and It seemed much more likely that there would be more adventures there than here. If my brother becomes a permanent resident there with his girlfriend, I might think about moving there. I would have no issue finding a job, and there would be a higher chance of young men more to my liking. It is definately something to think about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home