Tandy Hard

Sunday, January 13, 2008

There are some things that hurt physically. Like a bump into an old theater seat when the movie has already started. Or when I was showing Newton’s Three laws of motion on a skateboard and wiped out in front of the entire class. Both events left bruises on my legs. Nice big purple ones with tinges of green around the edges.

Today I got a hurt, but with no purple marks to follow it up. My advisor observed my class recently. While I was helping out students with a block and tackle (pulley) lab-a student came up behind me and pretended to hit me in the back of the head.

I would have almost preferred a physical hit. I could have caught the culprit, sent him/her to ISS and be done with it.

Now I have no idea which students to trust in that class.

A physical bruise would have healed better.

On the upside, I’ve got a lot more students who are putting more effort into their classes. I think I’m reaching them. They are making an effort and turning in assignments. I had one girl who really struggles with the topic and attitude asking questions and participating.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home