Tandy Hard

Sunday, January 06, 2008

Sara Bauer

She told me her first boy child is going to be named Jack.

So, yeah, My sister go married over the weekend in Ames Iowa. The wedding was simple, two attendees total. The reception was in the same place as the service, with no party at the end. They did traditional vows , and the preacher included "Wives submit to your husbands" bible verse that really peeves me.

Overall, it was a lot of driving, a lot of work, a lot of fun and wonderful to family again. I saw my uncle Steve's family whom I haven't seen in four years. I'm really glad that we were able to get the families together. It had looked like my grandma wouldn't be able to make it. My uncle Louis was having some pretty serious health issues all of a sudden, and Grandma was afraid to leave him. A similar situation happen last winter with my Great Aunt Marj. She was quite ill, and as a result Grandma missed my graduation.

The preacher wasn't all there during the service. He referred to me as Megan (!) and forgot to ask "Who gives this bride away?" to Dad. He was in the parking lot about to leave before he remember he hadn't had people sign the wedding certificate!

For the reception they had a slide show of Sara and Adam growing up. As I am her twin, I was in alot of them too. It was very cute to see us grow up together, as well as "naked toddler in bathtub" pictures. Hopefully I'll be able to get some digital photos of the shindig to post here.

It was a priveledge to hang out with Sara before the wedding ceremony. She was white as a sheet and cried with the "Something old, Something new, something borrowed, something blue". The something borrowed was a cottonball stuffed down her boobies (My idea!)

Mom and Dad handled the whole thing well. I didn't see them cry, I though I was facing the pastor most of the time.

Fortunately, I didn't get many: "So are you next?" questions. I was very glad of that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home